Deep Learning: Image Similarity and Beyond (Webinar, May 10, 2016)
From the registration page:
Deep Learning is a powerful machine learning method for image tagging, object recognition, speech recognition, and text analysis. In this demo, we’ll cover the basic concept of deep learning and walk you through the steps to build an application that finds similar images using an already-trained deep learning model.
- Data scientists and engineers
- Developers and technical team managers
- Technical product managers
What you’ll learn:
- How to leverage existing deep learning models
- How to extract deep features and use them using GraphLab Create
- How to build and deploy an image similarity service using Dato Predictive Services
What we’ll cover:
- Using an already-trained deep learning model
- Extracting deep features
- Building and deploying an image similarity service for pictures
Deep learning has difficulty justifying its choices, just like human judges of similarity, but could it play a role in assisting topic map authors in constructing explicit decisions for merging?
Once trained, could deep learning suggest properties and/or values to consider for merging it has not yet experienced?
I haven’t seen any webinars recently so I am ready to gamble on this being an interesting one.