From the DuraSpace about page:
DuraSpace supported open technology projects provide long-term, durable access to and discovery of digital assets. We put together global, strategic collaborations to sustain DSpace and Fedora, two of the most widely-used repository solutions in the world. More than fifteen hundred institutions use and help develop these open source software repository platforms. DSpace and Fedora are directly supported with in-kind contributions of development resources and financial donations through the DuraSpace community sponsorship program.
Like most of you, I’m familiar with DSpace andFedora but I wasn’t familiar with the “Hot Topics” webinar series. I was following a link from Recommended! “Metadata and Repository Services for Research Data Curation” Webinar by Imma Subirats, when I encountered the “Hot Topics” page.
- Series Six: Research Data in Repositories
- Series Five: VIVO–Research Discovery and Networking
- Series Four: Research Data Management Support
- Series Three: Get a Head on Your Repository with Hydra End-to-End Solutions
- Series Two: Managing and Preserving Audio and Video in your Digital Repository
- Series One: Knowledge Futures: Digital Preservation Planning
Each series consists of three (3) webinars, all with recordings, most with slides as well.
Warning: Data curation doesn’t focus on the latest and coolest GPU processing techniques.
But, in ten to fifteen years when GPU techniques are like COBOL is now, good data curation will enable future students to access those techniques.
I think that is worthwhile.