From the website:
Just what is Apache™ OODT?
It’s metadata for middleware (and vice versa):
- Transparent access to distributed resources
- Data discovery and query optimization
- Distributed processing and virtual archives
But it’s not just for science! It’s also a software architecture:
- Models for information representation
- Solutions to knowledge capture problems
- Unification of technology, data, and metadata
Looks like a project that could benefit from having topic maps as part of its tool kit.
Check out the 0.1 OODT release and see what you think.