The Best Data Mining Tools You Can Use for Free in Your Company by: Mawuna Remarque KOUTONIN.
Short descriptions of the usual suspects but a couple (jHepWork and PSPP) that were new to me.
An interesting site in general.
Consider the following pitch for business success in Africa:
And the reasons for that claim:
1. “It’s almost virgin here. There are lot of opportunities, but you have to fight!”
2. “Target the vanity class with vanity products. The “new rich” have lot of money. They are though on everything except their big ego and social reputation”
3. “Target the lazy executives and middle managers. Do the job they are paid for as a consultant. Be good, and politically savvy, and the money is yours”
4. “You’ll make more money in selling food or opening a restaurant than working for the Bank”
5. “You can’t avoid politics, but learn to think like the people your are talking with. Always finish your sentence with something like “the most important is the country’s development, not power. We all have to work in that direction”
6. “It’s about hard work and passion, but you should first forget about managing time like in Europe.
Take time to visit people, go to the vanity parties, have the patience to let stupid people finish their long empty sentences, and make the politicians understand that your project could make them win elections and strengthen their positions”
7. “Speed is everything. Think fast, Act fast, Be everywhere through friends, family and informants”
With the exception of #1, all of these points are advice I would give to someone marketing topic maps on any continent.
It may be easier to market topic maps where there are few legacy IT systems that might feel threatened by a new technology.