From the webpage:
H2O is for data scientists and business analysts who need scalable and fast machine learning. H2O is an open source predictive analytics platform. Unlike traditional analytics tools, H2O provides a combination of extraordinary math and high performance parallel processing with unrivaled ease of use. H2O speaks the language of data science with support for R, Python, Scala, Java and a robust REST API. Smart business applications are powered by H2O’s NanoFastTM Scoring Engine.
- Download H2O »
- H2O Documentation »
- H2O Datasheet (PDF) »
- H2O JIRA – New Features and Bug Tracker »
- H2O Stream – Discuss H2O on Google Groups »
- H2O Build and Test Status »
- H2O Source Code – Github »
What is H2O?
H2O makes it possible for anyone to easily apply math and predictive analytics to solve today’s most challenging business problems. It intelligently combines unique features not currently found in other machine learning platforms including:
- Best of Breed Open Source Technology – Enjoy the freedom that comes with big data science powered by OpenSource technology. H2O leverages the most popular OpenSource products like ApacheTM Hadoop® and SparkTM to give customers the flexibility to solve their most challenging data problems.
- Easy-to-use WebUI and Familiar Interfaces – Set up and get started quickly using either H2O’s intuitive Web-based user interface or familiar programming environ- ments like R, Java, Scala, Python, JSON, and through our powerful APIs.
- Data Agnostic Support for all Common Database and File Types – Easily explore and model big data from within Microsoft Excel, R Studio, Tableau and more. Connect to data from HDFS, S3, SQL and NoSQL data sources. Install and deploy anywhere
- Massively Scalable Big Data Analysis – Train a model on complete data sets, not just small samples, and iterate and develop models in real-time with H2O’s rapid in-memory distributed parallel processing.
- Real-time Data Scoring – Use the Nanofast Scoring Engine to score data against models for accurate predictions in just nanoseconds in any environment. Enjoy 10X faster scoring and predictions than the next nearest technology in the market.
Note the caveat near the bottom of the page:
With H2O, you can:
- Make better predictions. Harness sophisticated, ready-to-use algorithms and the processing power you need to analyze bigger data sets, more models, and more variables.
- Get started with minimal effort and investment. H2O is an extensible open source platform that offers the most pragmatic way to put big data to work for your business. With H2O, you can work with your existing languages and tools. Further, you can extend the platform seamlessly into your Hadoop environments.
The operative word being “can.” Your results with H2O depend upon your knowledge of machine learning, knowledge of your data and the effort you put into using H2O, among other things.