TinkerPop 2.4.0 Released (Gremlin Without a Cause) by Marko A. Rodriguez.
From the post:
TinkerPop 2.4.0 has been released under the name “Gremlin without a Cause” (see attached logo). The last release was back in March of 2013, so there are lots of new features/bugfixes/optimizations in the latest 2.4.0 release. Here is the best-of-the-best of each project along with the full release notes.
- Blueprints https://github.com/tinkerpop/blueprints/wiki/Release-Notes :
- VertexQuery and GraphQuery API make use of general Predicates to allow for graph databases to support arbitrary “push-down predicates.”
- GraphFactory allows for dynamic determination of graph constructors to allow for easier plug-and-play capabilities.
- Pipes https://github.com/tinkerpop/pipes/wiki/Release-Notes:
- Added support for Predicate in Blueprints for all filtering pipes.
- Pipes now depends on Blueprints and all Gremlin-specific pipes are now in Pipes.
- Gremlin https://github.com/tinkerpop/gremlin/wiki/Release-Notes:
- Lots of useful Query optimization work that makes Gremlin compilation more efficient.
- Branch factor support around out, outE, in, inE, both, and bothE.
- Added support for Grape to allow for dynamic library inclusion.
- Frames https://github.com/tinkerpop/frames/wiki/Release-Notes:
- Support for TypedGraph.
- Support for factory and modules.
- Rexster https://github.com/tinkerpop/rexster/wiki/Release-Notes:
- Support for metrics and monitoring with JMX.
- Lots of work on the RexPro binary protocol.
NOTE: 2.4.0 jars have been deployed to Apache Central Repo and ready for
Another offering for your summer holiday enjoyment!