From the webpage:
What is Meld?
Meld is a visual diff and merge tool targeted at developers. Meld helps you compare files, directories, and version controlled projects. It provides two- and three-way comparison of both files and directories, and has support for many popular version control systems.
Meld helps you review code changes and understand patches. It might even help you to figure out what is going on in that merge you keep avoiding
- Two- and three-way comparison between files and directories
- Auto-merge mode (in development version)
- Comparisons update as you type
- Visualisations make it easier to compare your files
- Actions on diff chunks make for easier merges
- Supports Git, Bazaar, Mercurial, Subversion, etc.
- …and more
Coming on the heels of Kevlin Henney’s Cool Code [Chess Program in 4.8 Tweets], I may have paid closer attention to this program than otherwise.
Still, source code has semantics and different ways of expressing those semantics, just like the usual topic map examples.
I first saw this in a tweet by Scientific Python.