Roger Jennings writes in Recent Articles about SQL Azure Labs and Other Value-Added Windows Azure SaaS Previews: A Bibliography:
I’ve been concentrating my original articles for the past six months or so on SQL Azure Labs, Apache Hadoop on Windows Azure and SQL Azure Federations previews, which I call value-added offerings. I use the term value-added because Microsoft doesn’t charge for their use, other than Windows Azure compute, storage and bandwidth costs or SQL Azure monthly charges and bandwidth costs for some of the applications, such as Codename “Cloud Numerics” and SQL Azure Federations.
As of 22 May 2012, there are forty-four (44) posts in the following categories:
- Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket plus Codenames “Data Hub” and “Data Transfer” from SQL Azure Labs
- Apache Hadoop on Windows Azure from the SQL Server Team
- Codename “Cloud Numerics” from SQL Azure Labs
- Codename “Social Analytics from SQL Azure Labs
- Codename “Data Explorer” from SQL Azure Labs
- SQL Azure Federations from the SQL Azure Team
If you need quick guides and/or incentives to use Windows Azure, try these on for size.