René Pickhardt writes:
The reading club was quite inactive due to traveling and also a not optimal process for the choice of literature. That is why a new format for the reading club has been discussed and agreed upon.
The new Format means that we have 4 new rules
- we will only discuss up to 3 papers in 90 minutes of time. So rough speaking we have 30 minutes per paper but this does not have to be strict.
- The decided papers should be read by everyone before the reading club takes place.
- For every paper there is one responsible person (moderator) who did read the entire paper before he suggested it as a common reading.
- Open questions to the (potential) reading assignments and ideas for reading can and should be discussed on http://related-work.rene-pickhardt.de/ (use the same template as I used for the reading assignments in this blogpost) eg:
Why to read it
topics to discuss / open questions:
For next meeting on April 4th 2 pm CET (in two days) the literature will be:
- Key key value Stores for efficiently processing graph data in the cloud (Moderator: Daniel Bildhauer)
- Boost graph library (Moderator: Stefan Scheglmann)
- A Practical Scalable Distributed B-Tree (suggestion by Stefan Scheglmann, Moderator: Rene)
In case you haven’t noticed, the 4th of April is day after tomorrow!
Time for the reading glasses and strong coffee!