HBase Futures by Devaraj Das.
From the post:
As we have said here, Hortonworks has been steadily increasing our investment in HBase. HBase’s adoption has been increasing in the enterprise. To continue this trend, we feel HBase needs investments in the areas of:
- Reliability and High Availability (all data always available, and recovery from failures is quick)
- Autonomous operation (minimum operator intervention)
- Wire compatibility (to support rolling upgrades across a couple of versions at least)
- Cross data-center replication (for disaster recovery)
- Snapshots and backups (be able to take periodic snapshots of certain/all tables and be able to restore them at a later point if required)
- Monitoring and Diagnostics (which regionserver is hot or what caused an outage)
Probably just a personal prejudice but I would have mentioned semantics in that list.