John Sowa announced these slides as:
Last week, I presented a 3-hour tutorial on Knowledge Design Patterns at the Semantic Technology Conference in San Francisco. Following are the slides:
The talk was presented on June 4, but these are the June 10th version of the slides. They include a few revisions and extensions, which I added to clarify some of the issues and to answer some of the questions that were asked during the presentation.
And John posted an outline of the 130 slides:
Outline of This Tutorial
1. What are knowledge design patterns?
2. Foundations of ontology.
3. Syllogisms, categorical and hypothetical.
4. Patterns of logic.
5. Combining logic and ontology.
6. Patterns of patterns of patterns.
7. Simplifying the user interface.
Particularly if you have never seen a Sowa presentation, take a look at the slides.