Apache ZooKeeper 3.3.5 has been released by Patrick Hunt.
From the post:
- ZOOKEEPER-1367 Data inconsistencies and unexpired ephemeral nodes after cluster restart
- ZOOKEEPER-1412 Java client watches inconsistently triggered on reconnect
- ZOOKEEPER-1277 Servers stop serving when lower 32bits of zxid roll over
- ZOOKEEPER-1309 Creating a new ZooKeeper client can leak file handles
- ZOOKEEPER-1389 It would be nice if start-foreground used exec $JAVA in order to get rid of the intermediate shell process
- ZOOKEEPER-1089 zkServer.sh status does not work due to invalid option of nc
Stability, Compatibility and Testing
3.3.5 is a stable release that’s fully backward compatible with 3.3.4. Only bug fixes relative to 3.3.4 have been applied. Version 3.3.5 will be incorporated into the upcoming CDH3U4 release.
Just in case you are curious, ZOOKEEPER-1367 and ZOOKEEPER-1412 were the blocking issues. I would have thought leaking file handles (ZOOKEEPER-1309) would be as well. It’s fixed now but I am curious about the basis for classification of issues. (Not entirely academic since the ODF TC uses JIRA, after a fashion, to track issues with standard revision.)