From the webpage:
Katta is a scalable, failure tolerant, distributed, data storage for real time access.
Katta serves large, replicated, indices as shards to serve high loads and very large data sets. These indices can be of different type. Currently implementations are available for Lucene and Hadoop mapfiles.
- Makes serving large or high load indices easy
- Serves very large Lucene or Hadoop Mapfile indices as index shards on many servers
- Replicate shards on different servers for performance and fault-tolerance
- Supports pluggable network topologies
- Master fail-over
- Fast, lightweight, easy to integrate
- Plays well with Hadoop clusters
- Apache Version 2 License
Now that the “new” has worn off of your holiday presents, , something to play with over the weekend.