Update of: TeXmaker 3.0 Released!
From the post:
- block selection mode has been added (alt+mouse)
- a “search in folders” dialog has been added
- the settings file can now be saved, deleted or loaded
- all the colors for the syntax highlighting can now be changed (a preconfigured dark theme is available)
- graphics environments and .asy files have their own syntax highlighting mode
- a selected piece of text can now be surrounded by french/german quotes (these quotes has been added to the “LaTeX” menu and to the completion)
- a panel can be added in the structure view to show the list of opened files (”View” menu)
- the Texdoc tool can be launched directly via the Help menu (users can select the name of the environment before calling Texdoc)
- the list of label and bibliography items can now be used to customize the completion
- the “recent files” list can now be cleaned
- the shortcuts of some commands can now be changed (”switching between the editor and the pdf viewer”, “french/german quotes”, “next/previous document”,…)
- *.asy files can now be opened directly without using the “all files” filter
- *.jpeg has been added to the list of the “includegraphics wizard”
- .thm and .pre files are now deleted while using the “clean” command
- windows and mac versions are now compiled with Qt 4.8 and poppler 0.18.2
- a version compiled on macosx lion is now available
- the version number is now added to the info.plist file (macosx)
There may be high-end publishing systems that rival TeX/LaTeX but I haven’t seen them.
If you are new to TeX/LaTeX or are just looking for information, try the TeX Users Group (TUG) website. Please consider joining TUG or any of the other TeX user groups. Memberships help sponsor the wealth of resources you see at this site.