Ugly ugly ugly by Andrew Gelman.
I agree with Andrew’s Gelman’s comments on:
Well, except for his criticism of the author’s spelling. 😉
The chart is also seriously misleading.
Does no color other than presidential vote = no gun control?
A likely conclusion, but the wrong conclusion.
States with only “Voted for Romney in the 2012 election” block colored are:
- North Dakota
How many of those prohibit gun possession by convicted felons? (A form of gun control.)
Would you believe 100%?
- Arizona – ARS 13-3101
- Kentucky – KRS 527.040
- Louisiana – La. R.S. 14:95.1
- Montana – Montana Code Annotated, 45-8-313
- North Dakota – 62.1-02-01, et seq.
- Oklahoma – OUJI-CR 6-39
- Texas – Texas Penal Code, Title 10, Chapter 46, Section 46.04. Unlawful Possession of Firearm
- Utah – Title 76 Chapter 10 Section 503
For fairness sake:
States with only “Voted for Obama in the 2012 election” block colored are:
- Idaho – Title 18, 18-3316
- Minnesota – 2012 Statutes, 624.713
Obama and Romney states support gun control.
They prohibit felons (without pardons) from possessing/owning firearms (often other restrictions as well).
The question of “gun control” has been answered with a resounding yes!
The question is: Whose guns will be controlled and to what extent?
Don’t go into a gun control debate unarmed!