D3 Tutorials by Scott Murray.
I was following a link to the last tutorial in this series on axes when I discovered this resource.
Starts from a description of the tutorials:
- Focused, each addressing a single topic
- Modular, so you can reference only the topics relevant to your goals
- Complete, with sample code illustrating each topic
- Dynamic, updated and expanded as needed
- Free, licensed so you can use the code however you wish
and ends sixteen (16) lessons later with a tutorial on axes, or as Scott puts it:
Let’s add horizontal and vertical axes, so we can do away with the horrible red numbers cluttering up our chart.
More tutorials are on the way but I am sure that Scott would appreciate your questions and encouragement.
I saw the reference to the axes tutorial in Christophe Lalanne’s Bag of Tweets for May 2012.