Well, they actually said: Basho Announces Availability of Riak 1.4.
From the post:
We are excited to announce the launch of Riak 1.4. With this release, we have added in more functionality and addressed some common requests that we hear from customers. In addition, there are a few features available in technical preview that you can begin testing and will be fully rolled out in the 2.0 launch later this year.
The new features and updates in Riak 1.4 include:
- Secondary Indexing Improvements: Query results are now sorted and paginated, offering developers much richer semantics
- Introducing Counters in Riak: Counters, Riak’s first distributed data type, provide automatic conflict resolution after a network partition
- Simplified Cluster Management With Riak Control: New capabilities in Riak’s GUI-based administration tool improve the cluster management page for preparing and applying changes to the cluster
- Reduced Object Storage Overhead: Values and associated metadata are stored and transmitted using a more compact format, reducing disk and network overhead
- Hinted Handoff Progress Reporting: Makes operating the cluster, identifying and troubleshooting issues, and monitoring the cluster simpler
- Improved Backpressure: Riak responds with an overload message if a vnode has too many messages in queue
Plus performance and management enhancements for the enterprise crowd.
Download Riak 1.4: http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/downloads/
Code at: Github.com/basho
Live webcast: What’s New in Riak 1.4” on July 12th.
That’s this coming Friday.